Embroidery machines aren't just for stitching out beautiful embroidery designs anymore! In this class, you will piece a 4-block table topper using features builtin into your embroidery machine and accessory feet. Then, you'll use your embroidery machine to quilt the table topper.
We will practice using edge-to-edge quilting designs, fills in irregular shapes, built-in fills to create motifs, border functions, and designs to quilt the border and finish the binding.
All of this will be done with your embroidery machine!
Date: July 22nd - 23rd
Times: 9:30am - 3:30pm
Cost: $100 (incl kit)
Instructor: Monica Van Zuiden
• Solaris or Solaris 2
• Destiny or Destiny II
• Luminaire or Luminaire 2
• Dream Machine or Dream Machine 2
• Stellaire Innov-ís XJ1
• Stellaire Innov-ís XE1*
*If you have the Meridian or Stellaire Innov-ís XE1 Embroidery Only machines, you will also need to bring a sewing machine, preferrably with a Digital Dual Feed foot, but a walking foot will also work.
• Sewing and Embroidery machine w/ Embroidery Unit and W or W+ foot.
• Largest Embroidery Hoop for Machine
• Rotary Cutter and Mat
• Basic Sewing Tools
• Set Up Sewing Machines
• Hand Out Instructions and Kits
• Piece Block 1
• Piece Block 2
• Sew Blocks Together
• Sew on Boarders
• Create Quilt Sandwich
• Quilt One Block w/ Edge-to-Edge Quilting
• Quilting with Infills
• Using IQ Designer to Create Background Fabric Fills
• Create Motif Design from IQ Designer Fill
• Size Triangle Designs to Fit
• Create Boarders and Stitch