CLASS: M&R University: SEW U Learn To Sew Pillowcase Class
We currently have 15 in stock.
Learn Basic Sewing Techniques by Making Pillowcases - 1 For You & 1 For Charity
Saturday February 27 @ 11:00 am
Are you new to sewing and need a little help getting started? Are you someone who hasn’t sewn for a while and needs help getting re-acquainted with the hobby? Are you wanting to learn how to make pillowcases, but are unsure how to start? Then this is the class is for you.
In connection with our upcoming March Pillowcase Madness Challenge Charity Event, we are offering a class that has you learning some basic sewing techniques. During this class you will learn how to join fabrics with a quarter inch seam, and using the “Hot Dog” method of making a pillowcase, you will put the cuff and case together, then finish the pillowcase with a French Seam to hide the raw fabric edges.
*There is no cost to attend this class. However, you will need to bring enough fabric to complete 2 pillowcases (finished size approximately 30 x 20). One pillowcase you will take home with you and the other pillowcase you will donate to M&R Sewing’s Pillowcase Challenge Event, which will then be given to St. Mary’s Hospital’s pediatrics’ Ward.
• Sewing Machine
• ¼” Foot (if you have one, not required)
• Zig-Zag Foot
• Scissors, Rotary Cutter, Ruler, Pins, Marker, Seam Ripper
• 1 spool of white thread and 1 bobbin wound with matching thread
• Fabric: 100% cotton fabric 42” – 45” width. Pillowcase #1: Color 1: 7/8 yard (pillowcase body), Color 2: 1/3 yard (cuff), Color 3: 1/8 yard (piping band). Pillowcase #2 (to be donated): Color 1: 7/8 yard of a patriotic themed or red, white & blue patterned fabric (pillowcase body), Color 2: 3/8 yard of a coordinating solid color (back of cuff and trim), Color 3: multiple colors supplied by instructor (for pieced cuff)
• Your machine needs to be in good working order
• You need to have a basic working knowledge of your machine. (This class is not a class on how your machine works)
• Call the store (608-278-4242) to reserve your spot in this FREE class or email email@example.com
Pillowcases pictured here show samples of the type of pillowcases you will be making in this class.
You will be making a patriotic themed pillowcase to be donated to charity and a basic pillowcase you will be taking home with you. The basic pillowcase in this picture shows a figured pillowcase body, white cuff and contrasting small accent band.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org